Family-Based Petitions:

We assist U.S. Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents who wish to file petitions to help their family members immigrate to this country. In many cases where the sponsored family member is already in the U.S., we prepare the applications which allow the family member to remain in the country and work legally while they await their permanent residence (“green card”). We prepare the applicant and sponsor for their interview at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and accompany them to represent them and resolve any legal issues which may arise during the interview.

Consular Processing:

If the family member is outside the U.S., we prepare and submit all the applications and supporting documentation with USCIS and the Department of State’s National Visa Center (NVC) so the file is complete when they visit the U.S. Consulate for their visa interview. In cases where an immigrant visa may not be immediately available, we file the visa petition to establish a “priority date,” getting the relative a place in line to eventually immigrate and become a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident.

For current priority dates, visit the Visa Bulletin.


The Law Office of Emily Love, P.C. handles many cases of individuals who require waivers from USCIS or an Immigration Judge to become Lawful Permanent Residents. Other clients must leave the U.S. and visit a U.S. Consulate in their home country to apply for legal status in the U.S. In most cases, these applicants require waivers to reenter the U.S. as Lawful Permanent Residents. The Law Office of Emily Love prepares detailed, extensive, and well-researched waiver applications and supporting documents for these cases. Whether they qualify to apply for a provisional waiver before traveling abroad, or they must depart the U.S. before applying for a waiver, we strive to minimize the length of their trip abroad so they can resume their lives with their families in the U.S. as quickly as possible.

Employment-Based Petitions:

We represent employers who wish to sponsor non-U.S. workers to work for them as temporary employees on H-1B, L-1 and TN visas or as Lawful Permanent Residents. We also assist foreign professionals and other workers seeking these non-immigrant visas or Lawful Permanent Residence (“Green Cards”) through Labor Certification, as Multinational Executives or Managers, Aliens of Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Researchers and Professors, or as Aliens of Exceptional Ability with National Interest Waivers.

To read about Naturalization, click here.